Did you know that there are many types of roofing that you can choose to add to your home during a roofing replacement? Many homeowners are surprised to learn that their options extend far beyond simple shingles and basic flat roofing.
At KPI Jr. Exteriors LLC, our local roofers in Bucks County know that you have options when it comes to your roofing — and that each option has its benefits and drawbacks. Let’s take a closer look at a few of the many different types of roofing you can add to your home:
- Asphalt shingles. By far the most popular roofing style in the area, most homeowners will choose asphalt shingles thanks to their versatility, cost-effectiveness, and energy efficiency. They will offer the most protection against external forces and will last you for years. On top of that, once they’re past their prime, they can be easily recycled!
- Clay tiles. Clay tiles are made from clay sourced from the Earth, which is then rolled and baked in a fire oven to maintain their shape and durability. Clay tile is a very popular roofing material in the Southern United States and other warmer climates because it does well during especially hot summers.
- Concrete tiles. Concrete tile is a popular alternative to clay tile because it gives you the same bohemian look without the high price tag. Some concrete tiles are finished with a decorative coating or design for enhanced style.
- Slate roofing. If you’re looking for the longest-lasting roofing material on the market, consider a slate roof. Slate roofing may be more expensive than other types of roofing materials, but you will undoubtedly be getting your money’s worth. In many cases, slate roofs have been known to last upwards of 200 years!
- Rolled roofing. If you are seeking a more affordable roofing material, consider rolled roofing for your property. Rolled roofing is significantly more affordable than other similar roofing materials but only lasts about 10 years before it requires maintenance, or in some cases, full replacement.
No matter if you’re looking to completely replace your roof or schedule a simple roof leak repair in Fairless Hills, KPI Jr. Exteriors is here to help you improve your home. To schedule your appointment, receive a free estimate, or learn more about our team, call us at 866-493-3749 today.